Disclaimer :
Excuse the ramblings of a middle aged man and don't rely on the information provided within this blog.

If you read this blog - please leave a comment. If you don't I will come to believe that there are only 22,000 people in the world (the population of my home town) and none of them have access to the internet or that none of them can read.........probably the latter.

Thursday 29 April 2010

Oh well.


I made myself a promise that I would not post when either drunk or upset. 24 hours on after the final whistle and I am still struggling to meet keep my promise. Even though I am an avid Barca fan I try my best to remain unbiased, or at least, as unbiased as I can be....

I have nothing against Inter. In fact I find their performance admirable under the circumstances. But it was the semi final of the Champions League and no football was played by the away side. No attempt to attack or score an away goal. I can understand why. What really annoys me is Jose. He creates the whole 'Us against the world' thing but then so does Alex Ferguson. Whilst SAF can rile opponents Jose goes too far. He's personal, arrogant and out for himself. Why at the final whistle did he run across the pitch and not even hesitate to congratulate his players? Straight to the fans with the look of 'Look what I have given you!'.

I appreciate that he has achieved much already with every team he has coached but I think he has burnt a lot of bridges and I would
never accept him as our coach. Pep, and Rijkaard before him, hold their heads held high and accept defeat as graciously as possible, going so far as to congratulate their opponents. That is the type of manager for FC Barcelona.

What will life be like if Mou takes the 'Other Team' on? I think we can expect a lot of negative energy being directed at the Blaugrana from the capital. Maybe it is to detract from the fact that he actually isn't God's gift to coaching and he needs the mind games to succeed......

No comments: